Question Is there a way to make an HP AIO into a secondary monitor?

Apr 14, 2023
I bought an HP AIO about 2 years ago and I recently got a new PC built I still want to keep the AIO if I can. I'm getting a new monitor to work with the PC but I was wondering if there was any possible way to make the AIO a secondary monitor that can be used with the new monitor? I was wondering as well if it is possible to just make the AIO into the main monitor for my PC or is that not possible due to it already being a PC?

USAFRet

Titan
I bought an HP AIO about 2 years ago and I recently got a new PC built I still want to keep the AIO if I can. I'm getting a new monitor to work with the PC but I was wondering if there was any possible way to make the AIO a secondary monitor that can be used with the new monitor? I was wondering as well if it is possible to just make the AIO into the main monitor for my PC or is that not possible due to it already being a PC?
Unless this HP has an HDMI IN port, no.
And that is highly unlikely.

Apr 14, 2023
Yea sadly I did that originally and nothing happened. I put the HDMI cord into the far left insert of the GPU and then plugged it into the back of the AIO. Did I need to go into my setting and change something to get it to work or was it just automatically supposed to work?
If it ends up not being able to work how I want it to that's fine, I just want to see if it was possible to do it so I don't feel like I wasted money on getting the AIO.

USAFRet

Titan
Yea sadly I did that originally and nothing happened. I put the HDMI cord into the far left insert of the GPU and then plugged it into the back of the AIO. Did I need to go into my setting and change something to get it to work or was it just automatically supposed to work?
If it ends up not being able to work how I want it to that's fine, I just want to see if it was possible to do it so I don't feel like I wasted money on getting the AIO.
What documentation from HP states that this thing has an HDMI IN port?
Link, please.

Apr 14, 2023
Oh thanks for helping me I got it figured out. Turns out there is a little button on the bottom right corner of the AIO that can switch the HDMI imports so I can switch between the AIO system and the external PC.
530x523

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pav... syncs with compatible devices ... More items
This is the link to the specs of my specific AIO.

Apr 14, 2023
bandwith.... it was once possible and theoretically will allways be to interprete or /en-decode information conveyed by electric impulses independent of their format. For example : you could feed video data to a soundcard and record it as a wav file and re/decode that data back to video. Of course it is much harder to do that with a 8k video and 48khz audio. But it is in deed possible. I guess you could make a simple equasion:
if input data is lower than computing capabilities of recieving device -software calculation (time/bandwith) it would be possible for a sophisticated software to cross-platform anything to anything.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All cables are bi-directional, a wire could care less if data/electricity travels up or down stream. The only exceptions are those with powered/active adapters like dp to hdmi, where the format is changed and can only be changed 1 way.

For example, a touchscreen monitor still only uses 1 hdmi or usb-C cable, there isn't a seperate cable for the 'touch' part.