[SOLVED] Is there a way to make windows, my computer, or an application think my computer has more vram then it does? (Integrated Graphics/Allocated Ram)

Feb 10, 2021
Ryzen 5 3400g
Asrock B450M Pro4
16gb 3200mhz ram 2x8
NO GPU
I recently downloaded COD Cold War. Unfortunately, my pc doesn't meet their system requirements. That being said, I'm fairly confident that my pc will be able to run this game albeit I may have to run low settings. I've tried to change my ram allocation via bios, but unfortunately I don't have a graphics tab (in bios). Plus, I've heard that manipulating ram allocation could have negative effects on my computers performance. Is there a way to trick the system or the game into thinking I have more "vram" (ram allocated for integrated graphics) and would that fix the issue? Is there a chance that that's not the problem? I have all of the latest drivers installed and my pc is in good health. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
DO you have the latest bios version?
Also there is an ASRock Motherboard Utility on the support page of your motherboard have you tried it to see if it might have some bios options?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
No there is not. If the game is looking for VRAM it needs to see it as so. My guess is the game wants to see a minimum of 2gb of VRAM based on the cards it supports as a minimum. Also keep in mind the minimum GPUs for that game are significantly faster than the built in Vega 11 Graphics on that CPU. I love the AMD G series processors for what they are, but playing the latest AAA titles are not what they are for.

Reactions: iTRiP
Feb 10, 2021
DO you have the latest bios version?
Also there is an ASRock Motherboard Utility on the support page of your motherboard have you tried it to see if it might have some bios options?

The bios was it thank you so much it runs just fine. I need to run it on low resolution but I can get well over 100 fps! Have a blessed day.

Feb 10, 2021
No there is not. If the game is looking for VRAM it needs to see it as so. My guess is the game wants to see a minimum of 2gb of VRAM based on the cards it supports as a minimum. Also keep in mind the minimum GPUs for that game are significantly faster than the built in Vega 11 Graphics on that CPU. I love the AMD G series processors for what they are, but playing the latest AAA titles are not what they are for.

It was the bios game runs just fine. Thanks though!

Feb 10, 2021
Take latest BIOS which match with your MOBO model. But avoid mismatching ASRock "M" with "non-M" model BIOS (they have very similar naming, I mistook them once).

I almost downloaded multiple bios versions lol. But I got it thanks for the help. And it works with iGPU's! I guess if your computer can handle the game it can handle the game. It runs just fine for me. Comparable to console.