[SOLVED] Is there a way to normalize temps with Ryzen?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have a Ryzen 5 3600x being cooled by a 360 AIO from EVGA which works fine, under load it doesn't get over 70 Celsius. BUT when the system is just at idle (or playing some weak game like League of Legends) and the "CPU Usage" ranges from 0 - 5% it makes the temps crazy, bouncing from like 35 -60 and makes the fans go fuckin bonkers... Is there a way to make the temp not bounce around so much? EVGA has crappy fan software, is that the problem? Should I just run the fans to the motherboard?

Solution
The pump speed is 2950+/- 25 says hwinfo (max is 3k for asitek (sp) pumps isnt it?)
If you pump speed is consistent, then the next thing I would check is if you have a good airflow balance. Test it with the sidepanel removed. That ensures that you have no airflow restrictions on the radiator.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Those spikes are the nature of Ryzen 3000; it's very 'bursty'. Problem is, the spikes are so frequent, and any software will try to respond to them all, that it causes the constant revving from the fans.
If your AIO has fairly loud fans, you're just going to have to set a lower curve.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Those spikes are the nature of Ryzen 3000; it's very 'bursty'. Problem is, the spikes are so frequent, and any software will try to respond to them all, that it causes the constant revving from the fans.
If your AIO has fairly loud fans, you're just going to have to set a lower curve.
i know there is plenty of talk on this elsewhere, what do you recommend for quiet fans that have good static pressure?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
While I could recommend something, I don't think it'd be worth the cost, because you'd be paying a premium for 3 fans...
The AIO you bought didn't have silence in mind; it's a performance focused unit, meaning it performs best at the higher fan rpms. Just setup a lower, more tolerable fan curve.

Also, do the above suggestion and check whether you have the pump plugged into the correct header.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
While I could recommend something, I don't think it'd be worth the cost, because you'd be paying a premium for 3 fans...
The AIO you bought didn't have silence in mind; it's a performance focused unit, meaning it performs best at the higher fan rpms. Just setup a lower, more tolerable fan curve.

Also, do the above suggestion and check whether you have the pump plugged into the correct header.
I have a noctua 120 pwm (the high speed industrial type?) On the aio/hybrid rad for the gpu and its so irritating the noise the evga fans make that i might bite the bullet and spend the 75 bucks. Evga "flow control" to address the fan curve sucks and keeps the fans at 25% always (which is like 900-1000 rpm for the fans) reguardless. The actual pump is connected to the "aio pump" header, runs 100% all the time, and coolant temp is never an issue either

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
If you pump speed is consistent, then the next thing I would check is if you have a good airflow balance. Test it with the sidepanel removed. That ensures that you have no airflow restrictions on the radiator.
Yeah, honesly i was gonna do that.... If youre familiar with th o11 dynamic, i have that 360 on the side as exhaust... I was going to change that to intake (prolly tomorrow as i dont feel "chipper" today)