Is there a way to remove Macrium reflect without buyiing uminstaller software

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
I installed macrium reflect7 free version. It simply will not do what i need it to do without buying the software. Now I cant seem to uninstall it. Is there a way to remove this software without buying an uninstaller. I tried uninstalling thru the program itself however it still left the boot directory intac and it is fully functional. Only thing removed was the desktop icon. Hate it when they do this.

USAFRet

Titan

The normal uninstall routine will remove Macrium.

What "boot directory" are you talking about?
The remnants of the clone operation you tried earlier?

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
After I installed Macrium reflect, I noticed during bootup I have two choices. Kinda looks like a dual boot machine. First choice is windows 10 second is macrium reflect which allows you to rebuild your harddrive should a crash occur. Uninstall will not remove the macrium reflect choice.. I have another program I want to use however I need to completely remove Macrium reflect

USAFRet

Titan

In Macrium, did you create a RescueUSB? (Macrium recommends this)
And if so, is that USB stick still connected to the PC?

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
I wasnt able to create rescue media. However after I installed free software I noticed a menu on bootup. First choice was windows 10, second choice was macrium reflect which i assume is the rescue media should my drive fail. i was thinking at the time, oh great they installed this in my boot menu its gonna be a pain to remove should it not work.

i used the free version of macrium reflect on multiple computers and used it to create images and rescue media and i have never run across the problem you are having. the only thing i can think of is when you were using it you may have selected or deselected an option that ended up doing something to your PC

USAFRet

Titan

As the member above, I run this daily on several machines, and have never seen what you are experiencing.

Can you show us a screenshot of this?