Question Is there a way to swap from Asus LAN drivers to default windows LAN drivers?

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
A while back, I had an issue with my PC where the ethernet speeds were capped at 20mbps for nearly 3 years. Every time I reinstalled my OS, I immediately grabbed all of the Asus drivers for my specific motherboard.

This last time I reinstalled my OS, I didn't install anything from Asus. My bluetooth actually works now, my ethernet is at the proper speed of 210mbps, and all of the other issues I was having vanished.

My wife has a desktop with an Asus motherboard as well. We made the same mistake of installing their crap instead of just using the default Windows stuff. Is there a way we can switch back to just having the default Windows drivers for LAN? Her computer randomly disconnects from the internet so she can't download files bigger than a few gigs, and she loses connection to anything LAN based all the time. Her speeds are also capped at the exact same Asus driver cap of 20mbps.

Lutfij

Titan
In 2013, we were dealing with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 of which 7 was the best to work with while 8 and 8.1 were either hit or miss OSes. That being said, if you're working with Windows 10, you are advised to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform and then proceed to download the drivers(manually) from Asus's support page pertaining to your motherboard.

Once downloaded, you should install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Pertaining to the OS, you should create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

FYI, I've been working with Asus products for a good 20 years and apart from hardware failures, they don't skip a beat when it comes to having the right drivers on their support pages and the latest BIOS updates(provided that product needs a BIOS update).

Can you please state your full system's specs as well?

ethanpenn

Reputable
May 5, 2018
That wasn't the question though. I properly installed them all, and on any PC that I install the Asus drivers on, it breaks things and caps speeds.

I do not want an analysis of driver installation and updates, nor windows installations. I'm quite adept at that, whether the old discs or the media creation tool that I've used many many times. I want to switch it back to the Windows 10 ones that are built in, as the systems running those have had no issues.