Question Is there a way to test motherboard and headphone audio?

mat1995

Commendable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello

I´ve been hearing some crackling lately in games and it always happens when adjusting the windows sound slider ( a crack always happens)

Is there some tool that could test motherboard and headphone as well

Thank you

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
Hello
the headphones can be tested on another device. the motherboard audio can be tested with another set of headphones or a speaker set.
if the issue does prove to be the motherboard I suggest updating the audio drivers.

mat1995

Commendable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello
the headphones can be tested on another device. the motherboard audio can be tested with another set of headphones or a speaker set.
if the issue does prove to be the motherboard I suggest updating the audio drivers.
There is also one thing i forgot to ask

Windows would not record these crackles correct?

When using the gamebar to record footage , the crackles also appear in the same place in the footage

Thank you

mat1995

Commendable
Sep 16, 2019
yes. windows uses the hardware to playback and record and if the audio hardware is damaged OR the driver is at fault windows will respond accordingly.
That sucks to hear

I don´t mind the headphone but can the motherboard be damaged?

It is hard to test because it only happens in games , i have a notebook but it would be hard to diagnose just by plugging the headphone on it or vice versa( don´t have a spare headphone)

The behavior of the windows sound slider also happens exactly the same on my notebook but i can´t test games on it since it doesn´t run

So could it really be a hardware issue or just software?
Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY