[SOLVED] Is there a way to test the motherboard for faults?

Sep 26, 2020
My computer immediately shuts down after 10 minutes. I've replaced the power supply, installed a new OS, and even left it on the BIOS menu. Is there a way to log the motherboard to see if it is faulting?

My computer immediately shuts down after 10 minutes. I've replaced the power supply, installed a new OS, and even left it on the BIOS menu. Is there a way to log the motherboard to see if it is faulting?
In the Windows cortana search box type 'event viewer'. it will give you errors the windows experienced and codes you can google.

but if it's hardware related most likely all you'll get are some unhelpful Kernel_Power System related errors. If hardware, the usual thing to do is swap components till the crashes stop. If the system's really old, a complete update is probably the best thing.

Reactions: PC Tailor
In the Windows cortana search box type 'event viewer'. it will give you errors the windows experienced and codes you can google.

but if it's hardware related most likely all you'll get are some unhelpful Kernel_Power System related errors. If hardware, the usual thing to do is swap components till the crashes stop. If the system's really old, a complete update is probably the best thing.

Reactions: PC Tailor

ASK THE COMMUNITY