Question is there a way to trick my pc into thinking i have a different gpu than the one i already have installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopyturdy12

BANNED
Jul 10, 2019
I recently got a alienware m15x laptop from someone i thought i could trust but when i checked the specs of the laptop i saw that the gpu, cpu, and i think ram were replaced and downgraded by 1 version. it has a nvidia geforce gt 240m for the gpu, intel core i7 q720 1.6ghz and 8 gigs of ram. if anyone can help with my question or just help me make my pc run better with my games that would be great. thank you.

poopyturdy12

BANNED
Jul 10, 2019
i have a alienware m15x and it runs really slow on most games i have i probably get around 10 to 25 fps on basically every game i have tried. ive tried updating my drivers downloading ccleaner advanced systemcare and some other programs to help boost my pc but none of them did a single thing to the performance. if anyone can help me that would be awesome. thanks.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
with a laptop the performance is maxed when you buy it.
unless you can upgrade the RAM, GPU or the CPU, what it is is what it is. software has gotten more demanding but the laptop is still the same. games have evolved but the laptop is the same. unless you go to a earlier windows version and earlier games versions there is no way software can make that run any faster

Status
Not open for further replies.