[SOLVED] Is there a way to troubleshoot tdr crash?

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello
I have a gtx 1060 6gb and i´ve used it a lot for 1 year and half approximately .
I mainly game on my PC ( dx11 being used almost 100% of the time)
But when running a flash player game (Dofus) my display driver crashed , monitor went black then it recovered later
This happened with the 461.72 driver(latest)
I know that flash is old , being removed from windows and stuff but i´m wondering if this crash could be hardware or is it has to do with the flash player since this never happened while using other APIs
It is the event 4101 in the event viewer , level 3
This happened once
My CPU , MOBO and RAM are fine since i´ve already tested
The only thing i did new was to install a new ram module ( but i´ve already played a lot of r6 siege and re2 remake as well without issues) but like i´ve said , i´ve already tested the ram with memtest86
Could this error be a hardware failure?
Thank you

Solution
It happened twice when running the game dofus
I use force the game rendering with gpu since with the cpu the game runs at 20 fps
To be more clear it didn´t happen anywhere else , just when running this game and it is terribly unoptmized
But it doesn´t crash on my igpu notebook (i3 6100)
The event viewer also isn´t very clear and i can´t see the nvidia message on the desktop , just the event viewer
The game uses opengl and flash maybe , idk for sure
Thank you
In that case, seems like the driver you have is running into complications at times, while trying to resolve the game API in its throughput. Can happen with bad coding. But AFAIK that game is pretty basic in terms of graphics. If you have iGPU, dont think you will require...

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Usually when it says driver failure, that is what it is. And unless it replicates, a one off incident is nothing to be worried about. But if it does happen again look out for a NVidia driver recovery message. That should give you a hint.
I use force the game rendering with gpu since with the cpu the game runs at 20 fps
To be more clear it didn´t happen anywhere else , just when running this game and it is terribly unoptmized
The event viewer also isn´t very clear and i can´t see the nvidia message on the desktop , just the event viewer
Thank you

Thank you
In that case, seems like the driver you have is running into complications at times, while trying to resolve the game API in its throughput. Can happen with bad coding. But AFAIK that game is pretty basic in terms of graphics. If you have iGPU, dont think you will require GPU rendering, unless the iGPU is really obsolete.
One thing you can do is uninstall drivers using DDU. There is a checkbox in DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3D.com) that writes to registry to stop Microsoft updating drivers. Use DDU to uninstall drivers in safe mode with the checkbox ticked, and then reinstall the NVidia latest drivers. See if that helps, else you will have to live with it as you cant help the game code.

Solution