[SOLVED] Is there a way to use my headset fully with just one cable?

Jan 7, 2020
I just picked up a Lucid Sound 25 (Tournament Edition) and I wanted to use the mic on it. Unfortunately I don't have specific jacks on my laptop for the Mic and Headphones, but I tried just using the double ended 3.5mm cable and the headphones worked fine but the mic wasn't recognized (the mic was plugged in properly and so was the other 3.5mm cable). Is there a special cable I can use for my laptop to turn it from a headphone jack to a headphone and microphone jack, or is there a way to use it with the regular cable and have the mic recognized. My computer does have a headset jack which i'm told it should support the 3.5mm cable just fine. I've set the headset when plugged in, as a headset and still no luck. Could there be a specific program needed? I also installed the newest Realtek audio drivers.

Any suggestions or am I missing something?

Solution
Yes that single jack should work with the headset. I would test it with another system or a few to see if issue is with the computer or headset. Also make sure you have the cable seated all the way, there have been quite a few issues on here that turned out the person simply did not make a good connection in the jack. I have a few headsets with a single 3.5mm combo jack and have not had issues with using them on my laptop, unless it's a physical flaw with something you should not have any issues either.
Bit confusing what you are saying you have plugged in, you said the laptop does not have specific jacks for the connections, so does it have a single combination 3.5mm jack? If it does, how you are plugging in the double cables to it in one jack? If the laptop has two 3.5mm jacks but they are not marked for what use, do they have color bands around them? Most often green is the headphone and the other is the mic input.

The headphones you got do seem to come with a single 3.5mm "mobile" cable, if you have a single jack in you laptop use that cable.

Jan 7, 2020
Bit confusing what you are saying you have plugged in, you said the laptop does not have specific jacks for the connections, so does it have a single combination 3.5mm jack? If it does, how you are plugging in the double cables to it in one jack? If the laptop has two 3.5mm jacks but they are not marked for what use, do they have color bands around them? Most often green is the headphone and the other is the mic input.

The headphones you got do seem to come with a single 3.5mm "mobile" cable, if you have a single jack in you laptop use that cable.
Sorry for the confusion.

So I plugged the wire with a green color band (for me green is for the headphones) in and it allowed me to use the headphones. Plugging in the red one did not allow me to use the microphone (The microphone didn't work). So I had tried using the mobile cable in the combined jack and only the headphones worked, the microphone wasn't recognized. The jack indicates it can be used for headsets, so it should be able to have the microphone working as well.

Yes that single jack should work with the headset. I would test it with another system or a few to see if issue is with the computer or headset. Also make sure you have the cable seated all the way, there have been quite a few issues on here that turned out the person simply did not make a good connection in the jack. I have a few headsets with a single 3.5mm combo jack and have not had issues with using them on my laptop, unless it's a physical flaw with something you should not have any issues either.

Solution
Jan 7, 2020
Ok, so I tried it on 3 different computers.

Dell laptop (with headset jack)

MacBook (no headset jack)

and a Gaming Desktop with the headphone microphone jack.

The mic wasn't recognized, only the headphones. For all of them.