Is there a wireless flash drive that works while plugged into USB?

cirrone

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
My work computer only recognizes USB Flash Drives when they are plugged in before booting. I have another computer that I need to transfer data to sometimes. Since I don't want to reboot every time I want to transfer something, is there a wireless drive that will let you access the files wirelessly while it's still plugged in? Other solutions would be appreciated if this is not a viable option

cirrone

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
intranet only and the reason I have to transfer to the second computer is because it's not hooked to the network so I can have software on there that isn't allowed to be installed on work computers (as an example as to how this is not shady: I have to download new images for systems when they are hosted over the intranet, but in order to burn that image to a flash drive so it can be used I have to transfer the downloaded image (12GB) to the other computer so I can use Rufus) with Windows 7 we could just bitlocker encrypt a flash drive and transfer the files that way but with Windows 10 they have USB locked down so it can only be used like I said before, if it's plugged in when the system is started