[SOLVED] Is there an issue with my GPU?

May 28, 2019
Hey guys.
So recently I’ve decided to OC my Sapphire Rx580 4Gb. Originally it was at 1411 but I slowly OCed to 1465 taking it 10Mhz at a time and 50 MHz at a time for the memory clock. I finally landed on a 1465 GPU clock and 2150 Memory clock.
It was all fine until I started Hitman 2. Everything was good for a while until I started noticing artifacts and then shortly after my game crashed and pc froze. Ever since my PC crashed my OC settings keep changing.
I can no longer use MSI afterburner to OC my GPU instead I can only use the Radeon overclocker.
Everytime I try and run a game, the clock speed and memory clock keep going back to 1465 and 2150 although I’ve changed the settings in Radeon settings. I’m scared I might’ve damaged my GPU.

I constantly change OC settings back to its default in both afterburner and Radeon settings but it keeps going back to 1465. I can change the clock speeds whilst I’m playing a game and it will go to that clock speed. However everytime I launch a game or new game it goes back to 1465.

Any idea how I can fix this issue?

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
ASrock b450m Steel Legend
1x8gb 3200Mhz
Sapphire RX 580 4GB

Cheers.

Last edited:
Solution
How do I enter safe mode?
Click the Start button.
Click on Power.
Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard while you click on Restart.
Click the option Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options.
On “Advanced options”, click Start-up Settings.
Under “Start-up Settings” click the Restart button.
On the next Start-up Settings window, select Enable Safe Mode by pressing the F4 key on your keyboard.
Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.
How do I enter safe mode?
Click the Start button.
Click on Power.
Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard while you click on Restart.
Click the option Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options.
On “Advanced options”, click Start-up Settings.
Under “Start-up Settings” click the Restart button.
On the next Start-up Settings window, select Enable Safe Mode by pressing the F4 key on your keyboard.
Windows 10 starts in Safe Mode.

Solution