• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Is there any actual way of reducing packet loss without changing isp?

Sep 1, 2019
My connection has high average packet loss though the ping stays low most of the time. Is there anything i can do to minimize packet loss

kanewolf

Titan
My connection has high average packet loss though the ping stays low most of the time. Is there anything i can do to minimize packet loss
It depends on where the loss is happening and why. You only have control of the things in your house.
If you are using WIFI, then switch to wired, for example.
If you have very low uplink bandwidth, that may be your issue.
if your having loss with wired, test your connection without your router (temporarily direct connect to the modem).
If you are still having loss, then test your modem by bypassing your in-house wiring and connect the modem directly to the ISP point on the side of the house.
If you are still having loss, then it could be a hardware problem on your modem.
After that you don't have any control.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS