[SOLVED] Is there any benefit to having two RTX 2070 Super?

Oct 2, 2020
I am in the process of building a new PC. Despite a laptop with an integrated 1050ti that I got some time ago, I dont have much experience in things like Graphics Processing Units. I'm looking into a more powerful system that isn't going to break the bank, but be upgradable in the future.

Are there any benefits (outside of the "SLI" concept) in having two rtx 2070 super GPU's, or would it be better to stay with one. Im not sure if the secondary card would just be a brick in a mortar wall or not.

I'm figuring sharing memory for cut editing, graphic design projects or even playing games isnt a concept since processes will render on a single card at a given time.

I am in the process of building a new PC. Despite a laptop with an integrated 1050ti that I got some time ago, I dont have much experience in things like Graphics Processing Units. I'm looking into a more powerful system that isn't going to break the bank, but be upgradable in the future.

Are there any benefits (outside of the "SLI" concept) in having two rtx 2070 super GPU's, or would it be better to stay with one. Im not sure if the secondary card would just be a brick in a mortar wall or not.

I'm figuring sharing memory for cut editing, graphic design projects or even playing games isnt a concept since processes will render on a single card at a given time.
There's really no point in buying an RTX 2070 anymore. The new RTX 3070, to be released soon, will have performance similar to RTX 2080 ti and cost about the same as most 2070's or less, except for the cheapest models.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3574916/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-october-15-release-date.html

There's really no point in buying an RTX 2070 anymore. The new RTX 3070, to be released soon, will have performance similar to RTX 2080 ti and cost about the same as most 2070's or less, except for the cheapest models.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3574916/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-october-15-release-date.html

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS