[SOLVED] Is there any difference between 120mm AIO's other than the fan?

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Solution
Corsair H55 = Asetek gen 4 pump
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer C = Asetek gen 4 pump
EVGA CLC 120 = Asetek gen 5 pump

Fans and pump... that's basically it.
The one that can get the heat out the quickest while not making your ears numb is likely the one you want...
Remember, a fan's performance is not linear below 100%, so that makes things even harder for you...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

The one that can get the heat out the quickest while not making your ears numb is likely the one you want...
Remember, a fan's performance is not linear below 100%, so that makes things even harder for you...

Solution

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017

What makes it harder? the noise? I would be fine with noise since my gpu can make more noise than an aio at max times 2. Ill just go with a evga aio since its the only one in stock.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What makes it harder? the noise? I would be fine with noise since my gpu can make more noise than an aio at max times 2. Ill just go with a evga aio since its the only one in stock.
Not just the noise, but the airflow and static pressure ratings as well. None of them scale linearly. So if you wanted to know for example, which performed best at a fan rpm of 1000, you wouldn't really know unless you could test all 3.

I also did know how much noise you are comfortable with, so I thought it best to assume that you'd prefer a balance of noise and performance, instead of flat out performance.

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Not just the noise, but the airflow and static pressure ratings as well. None of them scale linearly. So if you wanted to know for example, which performed best at a fan rpm of 1000, you wouldn't really know unless you could test all 3.

I also did know how much noise you are comfortable with, so I thought it best to assume that you'd prefer a balance of noise and performance, instead of flat out performance.
i woudlnt say there would be more than a 2c difference between the fans at the exact same speed. I would just run the pump at 100% at all times since that is how its supposed to perform.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty much. The pumps are virtually the same, the radiators are almost the same size... that just leaves the fans to show the difference in raw performance, which won't be that great between them.
The Thermaltake appears to be the strongest, followed by the EVGA, and the Corsair is last.

The EVGA was the only one of the 3 in stock, so it's kinda moot, unless you want to wait for one of the others to come in stock.

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Pretty much. The pumps are virtually the same, the radiators are almost the same size... that just leaves the fans to show the difference in raw performance, which won't be that great between them.
The Thermaltake appears to be the strongest, followed by the EVGA, and the Corsair is last.

The EVGA was the only one of the 3 in stock, so it's kinda moot, unless you want to wait for one of the others to come in stock.
Corsair is not gonna be worth since if it ever comes back in stock its probably gonna be overpriced