[SOLVED] Is there any difference in the ink in Epson EcoTank 664 CMY vs 512 CMY?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi, if you ignore the different locks at the top of the bottle, is there any difference in the actual ink inside the bottles of the EcoTank 664 Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow, vs the EcoTank 512 ink?

Both are dye based for the colors and the 512 is just for the newer EcoTank 7700, and 7750, so I would THINK that the 3 colors would be the same but I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!

Solution
No way to really know without some chemical analysis.

That said, if you are thinking about using 664 CMY ink in a 512 CMY tank (or vice versa)- I would not do so.

Ink is how printer manufacturer's make money and letting/allowing end users (formally known as "customers" use older ink would reduce profits.

Manufacturers are always cautioning about inks and if you do something like transferring inks then the warranty could be invalidated.

Not worth the risk.

That is my "second opinion".

Ralston18

Titan
No way to really know without some chemical analysis.

That said, if you are thinking about using 664 CMY ink in a 512 CMY tank (or vice versa)- I would not do so.

Ink is how printer manufacturer's make money and letting/allowing end users (formally known as "customers" use older ink would reduce profits.

Manufacturers are always cautioning about inks and if you do something like transferring inks then the warranty could be invalidated.

Not worth the risk.

That is my "second opinion".

Solution