is there any difference watching hd youtube video on 1080p screen vs 768p screen?

nvincent_08

Reputable
i imagine does using 1920x1080 screen make difference in video sharpness, because i've been using 1366x768 screen to watch youtube video and i don't really like it because video looks really scratched, i could only see video that looks like real hd only when i set the video quality to 4k and 8k, but the problem is no way i watch 4k video because it only available on some video, especially with 8k, it took so long to load up and it couldn't run smoothly and video in 8k is not much

Solution
You've also got to be aware that 1080P on one video is not the same on another. It all depends on what the host's bitrate/camera is. If you look at Hardware Cannuck's footage, even at just 1080P it looks absolutely stunning, but then swap to say LTT's 1080P, and it doesn't look nearly as sharp or crisp.

But you will still benefit from running 1080P on 768P. It adds a sort of Anti Aliasing affect.
You've also got to be aware that 1080P on one video is not the same on another. It all depends on what the host's bitrate/camera is. If you look at Hardware Cannuck's footage, even at just 1080P it looks absolutely stunning, but then swap to say LTT's 1080P, and it doesn't look nearly as sharp or crisp.

But you will still benefit from running 1080P on 768P. It adds a sort of Anti Aliasing affect.

Solution

nvincent_08

Reputable

well, in my laptop both look pretty much the same, but hardwarecannuck's video look a bit sharper, not really noticeable. could this caused by youtube video conversion things?

Not sure. Still experimenting with that with my own vids.

It seems like some cameras are a LOT more efficient at giving the best quality per bit on youtube.