Question Is there any fast copier app available for Windows 10 or Windows 11 ?

May 11, 2023
I usually shoot videos using my mobile phone. Then transfer the videos to my laptop through USB 3.0 port. Windows 11 is not that bad in transferring files from the phone to the laptop. Still it could be great if there is even better utility available for transferring files from my phone to the laptop.

HP Elitbook 840 G3 laptop
O/S - Windows 11
RAM - 24GB (2133 FSB)
CPU - Core i7 6th gen
HDD - 1TB Seagate
SSD - 500 GB Samsung Evo 970

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
transfer speed is not software dependent but hardware dependent. the phone's memory can only work so fast and no software is going to change that.

now if it is transferring much slower than it theoretically should, then you can explore what might be going on. so how fast is it transfering and are you using the internal phone memory or an sd card from the phone?

Reactions: shrafibd
May 11, 2023
transfer speed is not software dependent but hardware dependent. the phone's memory can only work so fast and no software is going to change that.

now if it is transferring much slower than it theoretically should, then you can explore what might be going on. so how fast is it transfering and are you using the internal phone memory or an sd card from the phone?
Internal phone memory.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the specs for the internal memory is

"The 64GB eMMC 5.1 memory features a maximum speed of 250 megabytes per second (MB/s) for sequential data reading and 125MB/s for sequential writes."

so if you are seeing anything over 150 MB/s transfer speed, i'd be pretty happy. it will never really hit and sustain max speeds from my experience.

May 11, 2023
the specs for the internal memory is

"The 64GB eMMC 5.1 memory features a maximum speed of 250 megabytes per second (MB/s) for sequential data reading and 125MB/s for sequential writes."

so if you are seeing anything over 150 MB/s transfer speed, i'd be pretty happy. it will never really hit and sustain max speeds from my experience.
I see. But in Windows 11 it doesn't show transfer rate as we used to see in windows 10.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
also your it´s a USB Type-C 2.0 = 480Mbit/s max. from your phone
you could try transferring it via direct wifi and eventually get a bit more bandwidth

yah nice catch. first cup of coffee not kicked in yet and i forgot about the connection itself

so the connection is limiting it to 60 MB/s or less no matter how fast the memory itself is. as noted above, you could try wirelessly and see if that picks up the speed some. win 11 should allow it to connect with direct wifi. note this is not bluetooth. that would be insanely slow. you can google how to set that up easy enough.

no idea what win 11 show or does not show. i don't use it. but you can do some simple math. how big is the file? how long does it take to transfer? divide :)

May 11, 2023
yah nice catch. first cup of coffee not kicked in yet and i forgot about the connection itself

so the connection is limiting it to 60 MB/s or less no matter how fast the memory itself is. as noted above, you could try wirelessly and see if that picks up the speed some. win 11 should allow it to connect with direct wifi. note this is not bluetooth. that would be insanely slow. you can google how to set that up easy enough.

no idea what win 11 show or does not show. i don't use it. but you can do some simple math. how big is the file? how long does it take to transfer? divide :)
Excellent. Thanks a lot man... :)