[SOLVED] Is there any good DESKTOP website-creation software any more?

RockyCoast

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Youse guys know so much, I finally realized, after many moons of looking (occasionally) and thinking, hemming and hawing that this forum is where I should be asking. I made my little website long ago and have updated it once or twice since with a program that wasn't entirely satisfying. Now, when I want some software to do a Big Update With Lots More Stuff, it seems they (the ones recommended by PC Mag, etc.) all want to control WHERE I do it (at their site) and where I locate it (ditto). And they want to charge monthly fees for various things.
I'd like to find a program that lets me do the job on my computer then upload things to my old reliable hosting site (A Small Orange). I'm looking (and willing to Pay Money) for a program that helps with the html, etc. but lets ME choose how big buttons are and where to put 'em. In short, a program that handles the scripting but I do the design stuff. (Of course I'd like a program that takes phones and tablets and pods into consideration. Etc.) Any ideas?