Is there any kind of adapter for a PC monitor to control it as a TV screen?

Martin_192

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
Is there any kind of adapter for a PC monitor to control it as a TV screen? I just want to turn it on and off, volume up down and may be change the contrast with a remote. My computer died and I use my monitor with a
Chromecast connected to the HDM port, the speakers are connected to the monitor and it works but i hate when the contact with my Android device brakes and I can't pause it or turn volume up or down.

G

Humm, call me naive, but I have a Chromecast, a nexus player, and most Google stuff. It's all compatible with your cellphone. For Chromecast, you HAVE to use your phone to use it, no?

So why not use your phone as a remote? How can the contact break when, from a monitor, you must be at least within 5 meters of the device, just to see it, I would imagine.

You'll have to explain your use-case, currently it makes no sense.

Martin_192

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017

Yes I get it sounds like a dumm question, yes I use it normally with my smartphone and it works fine, I don't know if the problem is my internet or my device but it happens pretty often that it disconnects and it takes a while until I can re connect it 5-15min, so my idea is if I can control just the screen to turn it off and on when it crashes or the volume, because mostly when I'm about to fall asleep I don't want to have to find my device unlock it see if it's connected if not wait until it wants to reconnect, by then I'm awake again haha...