Question Is there any known ram slots issue between Ryzen 5600x and Gigabyte b550 vision d?

Nov 20, 2020
Hi, I recently built a computer with those two brand new parts in the title. However, the motherboard doesn't seem to recognize memory put into B1 and B2 slots. I brought the motherboard to the repair shop and they tested it with ryzen 3600 cpu and they said all the slots worked perfectly. I think it's not the problem of my RAM either because I tested with regular samsung 2666Mhz ones and they work just fine in A1 and A2 slots. FYI, I updated BIOS too.

So my question is, is there anyone experiencing similar issues?
Thanks for reading!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with a dual channel ram kit? If so, include the make and model of the kit, but in short, you should be populating slots A2 and B2 on the motherboard, not just slots B1 and B2. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with a dual channel ram kit? If so, include the make and model of the kit, but in short, you should be populating slots A2 and B2 on the motherboard, not just slots B1 and B2. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Thank you for welcoming me so much!

Yeah I used A2 and B2 at first and the computer only recognized the one in A2. That's why figured out which slots are working and not.
I used BIOS version F11d and F11g and they both don't solve this problem...