Is there any list of flops cpus can perform?

Arkyo00

Commendable
May 29, 2016
github.com
If no, how can we calculate double-precision performance for a CPU? Especially nowadays cpus are multi-threaded, the formula really confused me.

I have done researched on the internet , and the most convincing formula is

sockets * (cores per socket) * (number of clock cycles per second) * (number of floating point operations per cycle).

E.g. for the i7-7700 , the GFLOPs will be 1 socket * 4 physical cores * 4 cycle/s(all 4 cores enabled) * 16(flopc)

Solution
That website doesn't seem to do anything other than perform the multiplication steps you listed in your first post. Which I suppose is convenient, but ultimately something that would be trivial to do yourself in a spreadsheet.

I think the part that could prove difficult in some cases would be finding the operations/cycle value for a given CPU (although the list on the Wikipedia FLOPS pages does seem to include most popular ones).

@TerryLaze yeah that threw me off too until I noticed the calculation was in GFLOPS.

Arkyo00

Commendable
May 29, 2016
github.com

Umm... I am a silly guy , I want to get all FLOPS of previous generations of GeForce cards , build a model and train-fit it in TensorFlow to predict RTX series' performance

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
That website doesn't seem to do anything other than perform the multiplication steps you listed in your first post. Which I suppose is convenient, but ultimately something that would be trivial to do yourself in a spreadsheet.

I think the part that could prove difficult in some cases would be finding the operations/cycle value for a given CPU (although the list on the Wikipedia FLOPS pages does seem to include most popular ones).

@TerryLaze yeah that threw me off too until I noticed the calculation was in GFLOPS.

Solution