Is there any other way to launch into the advanced boot menu without pressing F8?

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
So I need to get into my advanced boot menu to disable driver signing to install AMD drivers for my new GPU. However, I'm using an SSD, and the length of time between my BIOS and the windows splash screen is absolutely miniscule. I've tried about 20 times and I can't seem to hit it. I know there's other ways on win8 and 10, but is there any other way in win7? Or for that matter is there any other way of disabling driver signature enforcement?

On Win8+ you can go to "Advanced Start Options" in the Settings (use start's search to find it faster) and select the appropriate option. It will leave a flag for your next boot to go to the selection menu. This will bring up the options like use a different boot device, change UEFI settings, etc.

Presumably this will get you where you wish to go.

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I'm on Win7, I've already seen that way for anything past this.

As for mashing the key, I guess that's my only option. But i'm not exaggerating when I say the timeframe is miniscule. I just hope it won't take me too long.

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Here's a thought. I still know a way to upgrade to windows 10 for free. Would upgrading to windows 10 without any graphics drivers installed cause any significant issues? I'm thinking of trying that purely to try what canadianvice suggested