Is there any possible way to improve my CPU performance without OC?

t1mone

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Is there any way to get more out of my AMD Bulldozer FX -4170 as i play quite high load gases such as skyrim, BF3, Crysis 2 as well as rendering videos (not at the same time) and such without over clocking ?

CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX -4170
GPU : MSI GTX 650 Ti (OC Power Edition)
PSU: Corsair CX 600W
HDD : 1tb
Main board: MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Aside from general system maintenance to reduce load slightly, there is no way to improve performance aside from overclocking. You should however check into overclocking as an option, even if you only overclock slightly.

t1mone

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
I have 8 gb of ram sorry i forgot to write it down in my PC specs. But yes i was looking at SSDs but they are quite expensive are they worth it though ?

To boost performance in games search for mods that improves game performance. For example, there is a mod for Fallout 3 which removes 1 type of small rock, 1 type of burnt book and items referenced by the game, but not actually in the game. It's really for low end CPUs, and the performance boost isn't very big, but I suppose every little bit helps. Not many games are mod friendly like Bethesda's games though.

For video encoding you can improve performance by lowering video quality settings.