Is there any software which capture Still Images at 1024 ?..

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I need to capture images from TV/VCR at 1024...is there any software
around to do that?
It is strange my old ATI cards could do it (AIW PRO, AIW RADEON 64)
but my 9000 PRO don't...(not higher than 640X480) why???

Thanks

Mich
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Mich <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in <39c2b0tpistot3jasg75fi1ne4vq3ae3t3@
4ax.com>:

>I need to capture images from TV/VCR at 1024...is there any software
>around to do that?
>It is strange my old ATI cards could do it (AIW PRO, AIW RADEON 64)
>but my 9000 PRO don't...(not higher than 640X480) why???
>
>Thanks
>
>Mich
>

How about TV resolution is not higher as 800x600 ....

Yup, you need HD-tv for higher resolutions!
 

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
3,819
0
22,780
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On 01 Jun 2004 13:10:50 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) wrote:

>Mich <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in <39c2b0tpistot3jasg75fi1ne4vq3ae3t3@
>4ax.com>:
>
>>I need to capture images from TV/VCR at 1024...is there any software
>>around to do that?
>>It is strange my old ATI cards could do it (AIW PRO, AIW RADEON 64)
>>but my 9000 PRO don't...(not higher than 640X480) why???
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Mich
>>
>
>How about TV resolution is not higher as 800x600 ....
>
>Yup, you need HD-tv for higher resolutions!


I get 960x540 with powerdvd captures. maybe it's bogus ;)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

john <john@nospam.com> wrote in
<k9cqb0t5mk2a132je1blqamd8jbsa9ojl1@4ax.com>:

>On 01 Jun 2004 13:10:50 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) wrote:
>
>>Mich <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in
>><39c2b0tpistot3jasg75fi1ne4vq3ae3t3@ 4ax.com>:

>>>
>>
>>How about TV resolution is not higher as 800x600 ....
>>
>>Yup, you need HD-tv for higher resolutions!
>
>
>I get 960x540 with powerdvd captures. maybe it's bogus ;)
>
>
>

960x540 what an odd resolution, must be widescreen or alike! But in the
basis lies that most tv-signal/video-signal is suited to "lower" resolutions
because televisions can't play it on higher resolutions, happily programs
like powerdvd can upscale it for you for on the computer screen!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

john wrote:
> On 01 Jun 2004 13:10:50 GMT, no_spam@spamnet.nl (Dark Avenger) wrote:
>
>> Mich <m.fiallo@verizon.net.do> wrote in
>> <39c2b0tpistot3jasg75fi1ne4vq3ae3t3@ 4ax.com>:
>>
>>> I need to capture images from TV/VCR at 1024...is there any software
>>> around to do that?
>>> It is strange my old ATI cards could do it (AIW PRO, AIW RADEON 64)
>>> but my 9000 PRO don't...(not higher than 640X480) why???
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Mich
>>>
>>
>> How about TV resolution is not higher as 800x600 ....
>>
>> Yup, you need HD-tv for higher resolutions!
>
>
> I get 960x540 with powerdvd captures. maybe it's bogus ;)

I have PDVD5 and I've found you can set the capture resolution, it can
be much higher than that of the original format :) Remember Snappy? It
also would scale the screencaps. I also have an early Haphauge WinTV
card and even IT would scale captures. You could also set resolution
for full motion capture with that one.
So me, I'm wondering what all the fuss is?
McG.
McG.