Question Is there any special way AMD will answer your service tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2021
Hi,

i have unsuccessfully tried to get updates on my service ticket opened to AMD

I replied to the mail they sent to me and it gave me an undeliverable email back. I did this because in another forum here it was identified as the solution to the problem.

I opened another ticket asking for the first one and no answer either

Any more ideas?

Thank you

Jan 23, 2021
Finally they contacted me after 5 days of silence and many e-mails. Well I will send them several proofs about the integrity of the processor and I hope they will issue RMA but their first email is quite disappointing. It looks that they didn't read at all the troubleshooting I have been doing. Let's see. Keep you posted about my service ticket adventure

Jan 23, 2021
I received an unbelievable answer:

1. They estimate without reading my mail and doing any troubleshooting that some other part in my setup is faulty
  2. They asked me about the mobo´s manaufacturer´s invoice and pictures from the mother board
  3. They didn´t give me any advice about CPU troubleshooting

I already answered them with all the silly requirement about invoices and pictures but it really sucks

I don´t know how customer support service from Intel is but after this bad experience I am not sure to keep AMD in my next build. Too bad

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
Daykono,

Right now I'm fighting IIyama customer support here in The Netherlands. After literally 5 failed attempts at replacing my monitor they've send me the wrong one...
I'm afraid that anno 2021 even the best in business are outsourcing their customer support to call center/ service center combo with all the "nice" and "quality things" that come along.

Reactions: Daykono
Jan 23, 2021
Daykono,

Right now I'm fighting IIyama customer support here in The Netherlands. After literally 5 failed attempts at replacing my monitor they've send me the wrong one...
I'm afraid that anno 2021 even the best in business are outsourcing their customer support to call center/ service center combo with all the "nice" and "quality things" that come along.
OMG this is terrible. The overall opinion I have been given is to be patient with them 😖

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
You think Intel or samsung or LG or w/e are better?They care about profit not about problems.I use to work for a company that directly worked with Intel.They send us a server that didn't work.I phoned them and they also had 101 questions.I did everything right and they tried to argue it's the cpu's or the motherboard.I told them listen,listen so you want to tell me your selling crap?I got it working as there new software was at fault.I fixed it myself and they still argued i did something wrong.I told them phone your lab and do this to the server and it will work.Yet again they live in denial and still say i did something wrong...

So doesn't matter who the company,there call centers suck nuff said.

Jan 23, 2021
You think Intel or samsung or LG or w/e are better?They care about profit not about problems.I use to work for a company that directly worked with Intel.They send us a server that didn't work.I phoned them and they also had 101 questions.I did everything right and they tried to argue it's the cpu's or the motherboard.I told them listen,listen so you want to tell me your selling crap?I got it working as there new software was at fault.I fixed it myself and they still argued i did something wrong.I told them phone your lab and do this to the server and it will work.Yet again they live in denial and still say i did something wrong...

So doesn't matter who the company,there call centers suck nuff said.
I guess I have to be patient. Cheers

Hi,

i have unsuccessfully tried to get updates on my service ticket opened to AMD

I replied to the mail they sent to me and it gave me an undeliverable email back. I did this because in another forum here it was identified as the solution to the problem.

I opened another ticket asking for the first one and no answer either

Any more ideas?

Thank you

Only real way is to reach them via through phone technical support.

1 (877) 284-1566

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...IWc0KHUx3BbwQ_B16BAgUEAE#imgrc=JqCD731bfS2kOM

Jan 23, 2021
Hi all, yesterday AMD agreed in the RMA subjent to the inspection of the chip I send them back. Well let´s see what happens. The answer is not what I would expect on a such high price product anyway:

Dear XXXX

Thank you for submitting your warranty claim.

Your request has been approved and the authorization number is: RMA#
XXXXXXXXX which is valid for the next 30 days.

Please note that we cannot process any part other than those approved
in this email.

To ensure your processor returns safely at the return center, please
review the Packing & Shipping Guidelines on the following link before
you pack your processor:
http://www.amd.com/returnguidelines/en

We recommend using a trackable carrier to ship your RMA return to AMD.
Please retain your carrier tracking details until you have received
your replacement.

Please ship your RMA return package to the following address:

AMD c/o Kuehne + Nagel
1 Pudongweg
Rozenburg (NH), 1437 EM
Netherlands
+44 1276 932318

Your return processor will be subjected to inspection upon arrival at
AMD returns center, and it must pass this inspection before a
replacement product is approved.

Should your return processor fail this inspection or an unauthorized
product is received, an AMD customer support representative will
contact you through email.

Best Regards,
AMD Global Customer Care

Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for the advice. In Europe this channel looks complicated. As I posted 1 min ago, they agreed in the RMA subject to deep inspection of the chip

Well, last Tuesday I received the confirmation from AMD that RMA was received, accepted and a replacement shipped to me. Yesterday I received another mail with the tracking number. Let's see how it works when I receive the new part.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Daniel ,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:xxxxxx]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your email.
Please be informed, the RMA# xxxxxxxx has been authorized for your Threadripper 3960X processor with (SN# xxxxxxxxx ).
The replacement part for RMA# xxxxxxxxx has been shipped via DHL tracking# xxxxxxxxx

In order to update this service request, please respond without deleting or modifying the service request reference number in the email subject or in the email correspondence below.

Please Note: This service request will automatically close if we do not receive a response within 10 days and cannot be reopened.

If it is not feasible to respond within 10 days, feel free to open a new service request and reference this ticket for continued support.

Best regards,

-------------------------------------------
Keep you guys posted

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021
Dear all,

the issue has been solved. AMD shipped back to me a new processor 6 days after RMA application and it works just fine.

So, it was the CPU. Mistery solved!

Now the only thing I would like to know is how a perfectly working CPU turned damaged without any intervention, no overclocking, no power outage. I was just saving a file and the computer died. So weird

Cheers and thank you all for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.