Question Is there any tool capable of resetting UDMA CRC Errors back to Zero?

JoeSchmuck

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I'm pretty certain the answer to my question is "NO !" but I wanted to ask it this way...

Is there any tool capable of resetting UDMA CRC Errors back to Zero?

I was cleaning out the server and must have touched a SATA cable, well the next thing you know I have 15 UDMA CRC Errors in the span of a few minutes. I recognized the issue and promptly corrected it. Now I'm just irritated because all my drives had zero error, well until now.

I don't think there is a tool unless there is some factory tool that can reset it. The drives have recently passed the 5 year mark and had a 3 year warranty. They are all still good and I will not replace them until thay actually have failures on them.

My drive: HGST HDN726060ALE614 (6TB, 7200 RPM, SATA)

Thanks

JoeSchmuck

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
If there were a commonly available tool to do this, the used drive market would be out of control.
Sure I could see that, if you could reset all the other true failure parameters as well. But I'm only looking to reset a bogus parameter that should automatically reset upon power on reset. I'm still not sure why the manufacturers wanted this parameter stored permanently, but that is out of my control.