Question Is there any use of Internet Properties / options's advanced tab anymore?

Jan 18, 2021
Hi,
I'm a compTIA A+ student and came across this chapter, where the Internet Options/ Properties is explained but wondering if there is any real world use of this tab anymore since IE is dead. Also if other settings applies to the system's default browser.

Jan 18, 2021
it is pretty useless now but those tests are VERY slow to update t what is actually going on.

you'll just have to learn it for the test and then never use it again. lol
Exactly what I was thinking. Although I am not interested in taking tests or something since my field is different but solemnly reading the book which definitely come in play during development. Thank you so much for dropping by. :)

Jan 18, 2021
no problem. i've read all them books and taken many of the tests myself. there is a ton of useless info in there but i doubt they'll ever remove it from the testing. net+ is another one with a ton of mundane facts that need not be taking up precious memory space in your brain :)
I can totally imagine! I'm going to go through net+ as well and finally hit the security+ which I may consider taking test JIC.

Jul 18, 2022
The Internet Properties control panel is still used in Windows 11 and does serve a useful purpose.
I use it myself to allow programs to run direct from a USB thumb drive attached to my modem.
I have entered my modems IP into the security settings tab to allow my remote programs to run without getting a "Security Warning"

Jan 18, 2021
The Internet Properties control panel is still used in Windows 11 and does serve a useful purpose.
I use it myself to allow programs to run direct from a USB thumb drive attached to my modem.
I have entered my modems IP into the security settings tab to allow my remote programs to run without getting a "Security Warning"

I see. Thanks for dropping by. :)