Question Is there any way a Tyan S2885 dual Opteron mobo can be used with windows 10?

Sep 4, 2021
Hi everybody, I'm a new member here and this is my very first post. A little history first, I used to build computers as a hobby a long time ago, in the early 2000s. I haven't built a computer since then and obviously a whole lot has changed during my absence in the computer building game. I'm getting back into it now and will be building something soon with the latest up-to-date hardware but I'm curious if a system that I built a long time ago and still have can be used with Windows 10. It's a system with a Tyan S2885 Thunder K8 dual Opteron motherboard with two 2.6 gig dual core Opterons, 16 gigs of PC 2100 registered ECC ram, a HIS Ice Q Radeon HD 4670 video card (the best video card available for an AGP slot), a Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs platinum sound card, and a 1TB WD SATA hard drive. It used to have an LSI Megaraid 320-4x U320 SCSI card connected to a Dell powervault 221s SCSI raid box with 14 73 gig U320 SCSI drives but it was real noisy and I eventually got rid of it and put in the single SATA drive that had as much storage capacity as the Dell Powervault box had with 14 SCSI drives. It's way out of date now of course but back in ancient history when I built it it was the top of the line. It's running windows XP pro right now and I still use this system to run a lot of my favorite old PC games that won't run on windows 10. I have windows 10 pro on a USB stick and just for the hell of it I wanted to see if I could install it in the system with the Tyan mobo. I put a fresh 500GB SATA drive in it and tried to load windows 10 on it but it won't load. The latest bios from Tyan for it only goes up to working with windows server 2003. The board isn't supported any more by Tyan. Is there any way I can get windows 10 to load with this board? Any tricks of the trade I'm unaware of to make it happen? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Sep 4, 2021
How did my thread end up in the overclocking forum? I thought I was posting it in the motherboard forum. Please moderators when you see this move this thread to the motherboard forum.

Sep 4, 2021
That old, Windows 10...probably not.

If you tried to boot from a valid Win 10 thing, and it didn't work...you're out of luck.

Curious...why the desire for Win 10 on this hardware?

I just wanted to see if I could load Windows 10 on it, just to see if it could be done, that's all. I still use this system with Windows XP pro to play all of my old computer games that won't run on Windows 10. I'm going to be building another system very soon with the latest hardware and run Windows 10 on it but I was just curious if I could get Windows 10 to run on my old beast.