Question Is there any way to bypass the crappy rf remote that came with my fans to have more control over my fans?

ropeccool

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
Basically, I purchased a pack of fans that is controlled via a rf remote. The issue I am facing is the remote doesn't have very good fan speed control settings. I want to be able to lower the fan speeds to a much slower speed but I am limited by the crap three speed settings the remote offers. What can I do?

Here is a link to the fans I purchased:

You have to plug the fans into another fan controller, either on the fan headers from the motherboard or using some third party thing.

The RGB I'm guessing is a separate plug that you can leave in the controller box the pack came with if you still want to mess with that.

ropeccool

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
You have to plug the fans into another fan controller, either on the fan headers from the motherboard or using some third party thing.

The RGB I'm guessing is a separate plug that you can leave in the controller box the pack came with if you still want to mess with that.
Do you have any suggestions for a good third party thing?

Do you have any suggestions for a good third party thing?
The only options I'm seeing at the moment are:
These will also require some sort of software to set the fan curves. Note that the NZXT CAM comes with daisy chain connectors so you can connect up to 9 fans in total

If you want to shop around, make sure to get a fan controller and not a fan hub. Hubs set the same speed to all the fans connected to it, and they must be of the same type (i.e., all PWM or all voltage).

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Basically the answer is: No, there is nothing you can do to change what your fans do. They all use a non-standard 6-pin connector that fits into the ports of the Controller box supplied, and that powers and controls BOTH the fan motors and the lights, according to commands sent by the hand-held Remote Control box. To connect anything - motors or lights - from one or more of these to a "standard" fan or ligthing header on a mobo would be a custom wiring job. To do that you need tome tools and skills of course. But you also need some new connectors to replace existing ones, AND complete knowledge of which wire is for which function among the six on each fan's cable.

Your choice is to live whith what you have, or replace all of them with fans with standard connections so you can connect them to mobo headers. BUT before doing that, make sure your mobo HAS the correct headers for fans you might buy.