Question Is there any way to fix a somewhat deep scratch on a monitor?

Kiga

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/HsQqcNe

ASUS ROG SWIFT 240Hz monitor
Its a small scratch caused from dropping my keyboard against my monitor because my dumbass thought i could hold the keyboard in my hand whilst holding up my monitor to take off my mouse pad which covers a big portion of my table. I did try to contact the manufacturer ASUS to see if i can get it repaired. Obviously does not fall under the lines of warranty since its customer induced damages. So i have to pay for it to be fixed which could only be estimated when a technician gets a hold of my monitor. I would also be liable to pay for shipping so it just seemed like a huge inconvenience to me if I did pay for shipping and then the repair costs are a little too much than id want. I know this is kind of a long shot but I did see online somewhere that there was some type of liquid that fixed phone screens that were cracked way worse than my monitor and was wondering if there was anything of the sorts that i could use as a cheaper fix. I know thats a bit vague of me but maybe someone knows what im talking about or has any other advice. I figured that would work simply because there is no internal damage from what i am seeing like dead pixels. Its only a semi deep scratch that is more noticeable on white. So any advice would be appreciated.

Kiga

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
It's polarized film, that is scratched. You could remove the film and make polarized glasses out of it.
Scratches would be no more. :)
But it's rather extreme for such a small issue.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Privacy-monitor-made-from-an-old-LCD-Monitor/
LOL i remember thinking of doing long ago for no reason at all besides the fact that i thought it would be cool to make it so only i can see through my own monitor. But honestly like you said WAY TOO extreme for something like my 240hz monitor. This is something that id think is cool at the moment but regret in the long run. But thank you nonetheless.

Kiga

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
A quick google showed this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCPSkSTCv24

And it works for most and not others...
It makes perfect sense because its sanding or buffing, like you do to a car to remove swirl marks and scratches from the lacquer.
Looks very promising. Made a glance on the comments where someone specifically used this on an ASUS monitor and said it worked wonders. Will probably give it a try. Thank you very much for your response. Might've saved me a few hundred dollars. Funny enough i was googling all over before posting and did not run into this solution at all.

Looks very promising. Made a glance on the comments where someone specifically used this on an ASUS monitor and said it worked wonders. Will probably give it a try. Thank you very much for your response. Might've saved me a few hundred dollars. Funny enough i was googling all over before posting and did not run into this solution at all.
I watched the video and I will use the same on my tv as I got a small scratch on that, which is annoying on certain angles etc, so it is beneficial to me as well :)

Kiga

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I watched the video and I will use the same on my tv as I got a small scratch on that, which is annoying on certain angles etc, so it is beneficial to me as well :)
Best part of it all is if this doesnt work to the extent i wish it to im only out like 4 dollars for the eraser itself. Because im almost positive that ASUS would replace the whole outer panel and not "fix" the screen. Also i was void of warranty anyways.