[SOLVED] Is there any way to get Gigabit internet on Samsung TV?

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

I have 55NU8000 Samsung TV which has 10/100 ethernet port and 2..4ghz Wifi. (It has 2x USB 2.0)

I have 1000mbit internet speed at my home. Is it possible to upgrade ethernet card? Or are there anyways to get 1gbit on my TV..

Thanks.

Solution
Highly unlikely it is likely part of the main motherboard for the tv. Even if there was some kind of add in slot or USB you can not load any driver into the tv operating system like a pc.

The larger questions is why would you even want to. It is not like the tv downloads huge game programs or stores tv shows. You could stream 8k resolution at 120hz and it still won't use 100mbps.

The tv and streaming software only runs at the speed it needs having extra speed makes no difference at all. Kinda like your internet connection itself. If all you do is stream video or surf web sites you will not likely use more than a couple 100mbps even with multiple people watch different things. A high speed internet connection only...
Highly unlikely it is likely part of the main motherboard for the tv. Even if there was some kind of add in slot or USB you can not load any driver into the tv operating system like a pc.

The larger questions is why would you even want to. It is not like the tv downloads huge game programs or stores tv shows. You could stream 8k resolution at 120hz and it still won't use 100mbps.

The tv and streaming software only runs at the speed it needs having extra speed makes no difference at all. Kinda like your internet connection itself. If all you do is stream video or surf web sites you will not likely use more than a couple 100mbps even with multiple people watch different things. A high speed internet connection only benefits someone who downloads lots of big files.

Reactions: Gedikpasha
Solution

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019

The tv and streaming software only runs at the speed it needs having extra speed makes no difference at all. Kinda like your internet connection itself. If all you do is stream video or surf web sites you will not likely use more than a couple 100mbps even with multiple people watch different things. A high speed internet connection only benefits someone who downloads lots of big files.

Thanks for the Reply.

I know 100 mbit its already enough. I just wanted to learn if there is a way to get 1gbs internet on my TV for self-satisfaction :)..