[SOLVED] Is there any way to revive a NVMe/M2 ssd with power cycle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreepy

Reputable
Nov 17, 2019
So I was using my ssd happily until yesterday then I had to force my pc to shut down but when I started my pc today I couldn't see ssd
I believe when I forced my pc to shut down something happened to the ssd I've read articles about power-cycling may revive a dead ssd but mine is 970 evo m.2 so I cant unplug it
my question : Is there any way to revive an m2 ssd ? I'm using desktop pc if it helps any

Solution
99 times out of 100, the SSD has failed because a damaged firmware module got corrupt due to bad sectors in the memory. The odds of resurrecting it are slim as are the chances to recover the data by data recovery professionals. Your best bet is to replace the SSD and restore from backup.

Lutfij

Titan
First, you might want to include your system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Second, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?
Third, you should see if you can use the M.2 drive on a donor system. If that comes up in BIOS for the donor system then the drive isn't dead, rather that the OS might've been corrupted.

TheCreepy

Reputable
Nov 17, 2019
What leads you to believe the drive is 'dead'?

What, exactly, are you seeing?
I dont see ssd in the bios screen nor in disk manager
Also I tried to reset it in bios,didn't work (and if it changes anything I shut it by pressing the power button on top of the computer case)

also how do you understand if a ssd is dead or not

rforce

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
99 times out of 100, the SSD has failed because a damaged firmware module got corrupt due to bad sectors in the memory. The odds of resurrecting it are slim as are the chances to recover the data by data recovery professionals. Your best bet is to replace the SSD and restore from backup.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.