Question Is there any way to save more than 1 sysconfig startup configuration?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to save what services will load at startup? I use 2 different "selective startups" but I need to make the changes manually ATM.

I don't care if it's a file I need to save, or even (and more likely) a series of registry keys that I'd need to export and swap out when I change from one to the other.

Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to save what services will load at startup? I use 2 different "selective startups" but I need to make the changes manually ATM.

I don't care if it's a file I need to save, or even (and more likely) a series of registry keys that I'd need to export and swap out when I change from one to the other.

Thanks
Have 2 different Users.

Each with its own Startup config and applications.

Reactions: Darkmatterx

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hmm, that's actually pretty damn good! :)

I live alone, so I've never needed more than 1 user profile.

Out of curiosity, just because I love learning "stuff," is there a way to do it on 1 user account?

Thanks for your answer above though. It's a nice, clean solution that I hadn't thought of. That's OK. I've only been using computers since the C64 days. lol /hangs head in shame ;)

DM

Have 2 different Users.

Each with its own Startup config and applications.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
It could "probably" be done.

The problem is...all that does not happen until a user is logged in and Windows has already started.
At what point do you interrupt the startup process to select?

So if you did NOT want Service A to start up for this particular use....when do you select?

Multiple user accounts is the way to go.
My work laptop, for instance.
I have my account, and then the IT staff has theirs. Completely different capabilities.

My grandkids systems are the same.
Multiple user accounts, and I have a God admin acct, that they have no access to.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS