Is there any way to test a graphics card to make sure it works without actually sticking it in a computer?

CodyGatti

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Okay, I just ordered the EVGA GTX 970 graphics card, and since its about half the cost of what my whole PC is going to cost to build($370) I wanted to buy it first. So I will have that by Wednesday, but the rest of my PC won't arrive for another month or two.

Solution
No. There isn't. Your best bet would be to install it into a friend's computer to verify it works.

This is the exact reason why you should always wait until you can purchase your entire system at once. If you cannot test a component when you purchase it, you lose your RMA period (usually 30 days from purchase). Beyond that, you have to deal with the warranty program which generally takes weeks to resolve.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. There isn't. Your best bet would be to install it into a friend's computer to verify it works.

This is the exact reason why you should always wait until you can purchase your entire system at once. If you cannot test a component when you purchase it, you lose your RMA period (usually 30 days from purchase). Beyond that, you have to deal with the warranty program which generally takes weeks to resolve.

-Wolf sends

Solution