Is there anyone who can try to help me with my situation?

janneauclaude

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hey guys good day, I'm currently having the same issue for 3 weeks now and I'm wondering if what part is going bad on my pc.

Specs:
I7 4770k not OC
16gb ddr3 ram
Z97 MSI GAMING 3
Cougar 600 watts 80+ psu
Gtx 1070 oc edition

My issue:

I have installed 3 OS' on 3 of my hdd. I tested each hdd even bought a bnew one just to be sure. And all of them would either crash or fail. It would work for the first few days then would just suddenly crash after. Whatever hdd I'd use it would crash. Now, what i did next was attach my old vcard which was a gtx 970 and it seems like my pc became stable no crash or whatso ever. When i added my gtx 1070 back in, it'd crash a few days after. Is this a cause of a bad psu or gpu?

Solution
It seems to be the GPU. 600W should be more than enough for a 1070, and its power requirements are not very different from the 970, so if your PC runs just ok with your old vcard, and crashes with the new one... 2+2 usually adds 4...

oriol.delavega

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
It seems to be the GPU. 600W should be more than enough for a 1070, and its power requirements are not very different from the 970, so if your PC runs just ok with your old vcard, and crashes with the new one... 2+2 usually adds 4...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS