[SOLVED] is there anything i can do for more than password protecting my wifi

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
i think even though my wifi is password protected someone might of accessed it as i see a device that i dont have samsung galaxy9? wich leads me to be concerned bout someone being able to read my passwords and such over wifi not sure but id rather be pro active is there any more i can do other than just having a password on my wifi wich i already have ?

also if the answer is vpn as im not sure if that works for the wifi other than it encrypts traffic but that doesnt keep people off my network and idk if it help or not with somone reading the wifi stuff what not

then to the other issue what else can i do to keep devices off my network and how do i do it?

Solution
Could be many variables at play here.

If you have ever had anyone over that connected that phone to your WiFi it could remain in your devices listing until you delete it.
If that phone is in range of your WiFi it may display it as a device without it actually being "on" your internet.
If you use certain providers, they allow hot spot access via your router/modem for being customers of that service.

I would go into the console/control panel for your access point and click on the device to see if it is actually being given an IP or MAC address and whether it is active.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Could be many variables at play here.

If you have ever had anyone over that connected that phone to your WiFi it could remain in your devices listing until you delete it.
If that phone is in range of your WiFi it may display it as a device without it actually being "on" your internet.
If you use certain providers, they allow hot spot access via your router/modem for being customers of that service.

I would go into the console/control panel for your access point and click on the device to see if it is actually being given an IP or MAC address and whether it is active.

Solution