[SOLVED] Is there anything I should change about this build?

MikeSch

Prominent
Aug 20, 2019
I need some advice, is there anything on this list that you would change? I don't have alot of money extra, so please keep in mind not increasing the price by alot. I'm fine with switching to a Ryzen CPU.
(EDIT= yes, I do care about RGB)

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/4CBv3t

Thanks in advance, Mike

Solution
Not really, most of your excess expense is in RGB. Without overclocking you have made an okay choice for motherboard. Might be some Z370 boards out there cheaper, but I doubt it.

System doesn't have an SSD (though there is also no price on the drive), but that would add cost to get one. Certainly worth having though.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Planning on overclocking? Might want a better CPU cooler. You can always buy a separate RGB fan and swap it in rather than buying one the includes ones. Can make all your fans match that way.

Power supply is a tad oversized, if the 650W is cheaper, get that.

Otherwise, not much to go over. If the 9700k is cheap, maybe worth a shot. Unless you need the 12 threads for something. If purely gaming, i think the 9700k is a better choice (Also less vulnerable to speculative execution security flaws, no hyperthreading)

Other than that, seems fine.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really, most of your excess expense is in RGB. Without overclocking you have made an okay choice for motherboard. Might be some Z370 boards out there cheaper, but I doubt it.

System doesn't have an SSD (though there is also no price on the drive), but that would add cost to get one. Certainly worth having though.

Reactions: Egossi
Solution