[SOLVED] Is there anyway i can get my os back running?

HamzaWolf394

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
I flipped the red switch which configures voltages at the back of the psu while the pc was running, the pc turned off then i flipped the switch to it's original location and started the pc it says OS not found or OS missing, can anybody provide a fix to get my os back running as it's my dad's pc.

Solution
Thanks for your reply, I will double check this tomorrow and let you know!
Well.....
This leads to either the motherboard or the drive (or both and other parts) might be cooked.
Or it might just be a cable or two.
This will require some deep investigation. And fessing up to dad as to what happened.

A PSU that still has a voltage switch on the back is either quite old, and/or very low quality.
I flipped the red switch which configures voltages at the back of the psu while the pc was running, the pc turned off then i flipped the switch to it's original location and started the pc it says OS not found or OS missing, can anybody provide a fix to get my os back running as it's my dad's pc.
Hmm, I would recommend going into the BIOS and trying to see if there is an issue with the boot priority and if the storage device your OS was on appears. Double check that first of all and I'll see what I can do. Secondly just to point out, unless you really must it is never a good Idea to have your OS running and force shut down a computer as it can cause issues.

Reactions: HamzaWolf394

USAFRet

Titan
This isn't a "fix the OS" issue, but rather...what hardware did you smoke by flipping that switch.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for your reply, I will double check this tomorrow and let you know!
Well.....
This leads to either the motherboard or the drive (or both and other parts) might be cooked.
Or it might just be a cable or two.
This will require some deep investigation. And fessing up to dad as to what happened.

A PSU that still has a voltage switch on the back is either quite old, and/or very low quality.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS