[SOLVED] Is there anyway I can improve my GPU temps

Sep 14, 2019
Hi,

Im having termal issues with a RTX 2080 gigabyte model Windforce with 3 fans.

I bought this VG on february and have been having some temp issues as of lately, since I live in a really hot area, around 30 degrees C ambient, didnt gave much notice, but I started having issues where my gpu went to around 83 degrees and crashed either the game or the pc.

Since I had a really small and poorly ventilated case I decided to change it and get better cooling, since I was upgrading my rig, i figured wth, might as well make it look like top end.

So I bought the cooler master H500M with those fancy ass big fans in the front, and well, it was doing well, atleast wasnt hitting the 80+ temps as I used to, but now its started doing it again, and im a little baffled, since temp has lowered on my region and now is getting even hotter on the gpu side.

I wonder if its something i can tweek or if its something to do with the GPU, since I have a friend who has the same GPU and never had this issues, but today all of a sudden, the same thing happened to him, went to 83 degrees and crashed his pc, and he does have better ambient and home cooling and also has good ventilation on his case.

I dont know my friend specs but here are mine:

GPU: GV-N2080GAMING

CPU: RYZEN 2700X
MOBO: AS ROCK TAICHI X370
SSD: ADATA AGAMMIXS
HDD: 2 TB Seagate ST2000DM006

RAM: 2 X 8GB ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D40 8GB DDR4 3000MHz

POWER SUPPLY: 650W 80 PLUS GOLD CORSAIR

Solution
4 screws and a fan cable, clean off the old stuff with rubbing alcohol, just like a CPU.
I used Noctua NT-H1. But again, it's like a CPU, use whatever you've got.
Sep 14, 2019
I use hardware monitor, and use the gigabyte software for fancurve, I have it at 100 when its around 70c also, and it goes over 3000rpm but i still reach as high as 83C

Sep 14, 2019
Damn.. that's interesting. I googled the case you have and that has plenty of room/fans. I assume it's the two fans up front and one in the rear?
Yes, I have two big ass fans in the front pulling air in, and the default fan that came with the case as exhaust and also I have an AIO, with a radiator on the top also pulling air out of the case.

My brother has also a RTX 2080 and he doesnt go over 70c, and has a smaller case, thou he has a ZOTAC with a bigger heatsink so that might help him.

I still think mine is running hotter than it should.