[SOLVED] Is there anyway I can tell if my mobo is shorted?

Jan 9, 2021
Recently, my psu like shorted or blew up or something, and I’m terrified it shorted my mobo. I already unplugged all the psu cables from the mobo and took out the psu, but before I took it out, my mobo would go through it’s cycle like normal, indicating it’s still on, but the ram debug light is on. So I’m afraid that most likely my motherboard doesn’t work anymore. I already bought a new evga 750W psu. Any help would be appreciated

Special note: my psu would start to smell like burning plastic or something and that was exclusively coming from the psu.

Solution
So I’m afraid that most likely my motherboard doesn’t work anymore.

That's high possibility since MoBo is usually 1st to go when crappy PSU goes sky high. Though, to consolidate your fears, PSUs are capable of frying EVERYTHING they are connected to, when the blow up. So, it may not be only your MoBo that is dead.

Life lesson: do not cheap out on PSU and do not buy used PSU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So I’m afraid that most likely my motherboard doesn’t work anymore.

That's high possibility since MoBo is usually 1st to go when crappy PSU goes sky high. Though, to consolidate your fears, PSUs are capable of frying EVERYTHING they are connected to, when the blow up. So, it may not be only your MoBo that is dead.

Life lesson: do not cheap out on PSU and do not buy used PSU.

Solution