[SOLVED] Is there anyway i could add a rgb strip to my build?

Oct 6, 2019
This is my current build, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8BKBYH .My mobo only comes with one rgb header and i have 3 rgb fans so i ended up using a fan hub in order to do this. I would like to add a rgb strip to my build to get some more color in there. Is there anyway I can do that safely? I wouldnt want to have to do anything too complicated. Thanks for any help!

Solution
Sure just get the one that's compatible with the rgb headers on your motherboard, running it off the same hub as the fans should be fine. Or get one that has a remote for the lights and just power it from the PSU adapter.
Oct 6, 2019
In total I have 4 fans, with 3 of them being rgb fans so i couldnt add it to my fan hub to power it. Is there anyway to power an rgb strip through molex or sata? My cheap mobo doesnt have many connectors for stuff so id be willing to buy adapters or whatever i need to make an rgb strip work.

In total I have 4 fans, with 3 of them being rgb fans so i couldnt add it to my fan hub to power it. Is there anyway to power an rgb strip through molex or sata? My cheap mobo doesnt have many connectors for stuff so id be willing to buy adapters or whatever i need to make an rgb strip work.

Yes that is what I said, you can get a strip that is powered from the PSU.

Reactions: mctrader07