[SOLVED] Is there anyway to move Windows 10 from HDD to new SSD?

Jan 11, 2020
Hello. I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19.3 installed on my HDD. I recently bought an SSD but I'll only have enough space for Windows. I'm planning on installing Windows on the SSD and use the HDD for storage for Windows 10. Is there any way to delete Windows from my HDD and install it again into my SDD whilst leaving Linux in the HDD? I'd appreciate any help.

Solution
Hello. I have Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19.3 installed on my HDD. I recently bought an SSD but I'll only have enough space for Windows. I'm planning on installing Windows on the SSD and use the HDD for storage for Windows 10. Is there any way to delete Windows from my HDD and install it again into my SDD whilst leaving Linux in the HDD? I'd appreciate any help.
I don't think there is an easy way. To install windows you want just the SSD connected to the motherboard when you install. So the boot loader is on the SSD, but you have a dual boot loader on the HDD. I don't know if the boot repair option in your Linux distro can handle this situation.

kanewolf

Titan
I don't think there is an easy way. To install windows you want just the SSD connected to the motherboard when you install. So the boot loader is on the SSD, but you have a dual boot loader on the HDD. I don't know if the boot repair option in your Linux distro can handle this situation.

Solution