Is there anyway to review router password ?

GlyndleyIT

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015
Hi guys. Thank you so much for having a look at my case. Basically I have a little issue here, hoping you guys could help me out.

Recently I've given the responsibility over the network in the office. Internet is very slow, I am talking about less than 3.5 mb speed here. The previous guy who had this project is merging three ISP lines for better internet speed. However his contract finished and this project pass on to me. I check through the whole Pfsense firewall and found out what he configured was, there is only one ISP router that actually working. So I check another two routers separately in case their are broken. Both of them are working fine but somehow the configure of the modem does not work with firewall.
I check on the Pfsense interface on first ISP router and see some diffidences from second and third router.

I need to check the first router configuration so I can copy them to another two router. But I don't have password. He didn't keep the record of password.

I know I can reset the router to factory default. If I do that but unable to configure it back which mean I screw the whole internet for the office.
This modem set up over three- four years. I am not even thinking of calling him to ask for password. I have try all possibility of the password but none of them work.

Is there any suggestion ?

Thank you so much guys. Sorry for the long post. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks again

You should think about calling him. Why would you pick up some undocumented stuff from somebody and assume responsibility, that's not good office politic dude.

Tell your boss you have to bring back the consultant for one more session, so you can do this properly, because otherwise you have to make guesses and that means may bring down the network altogether and that would be worse than just slow.

GlyndleyIT

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015

It's not that easy as its sound. I have been through all router configure with him. He himself don't even remember some of the router password and he didn't put into and record. Also I didn't take this responsibility without knowing. I am chosen to be here in department to put everything together from scratch.

Anyhow I got the solution. Many thanks for your input