Is there anywhere selling 1080 ti's at least close to MSRP

deadmaufive

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Title says it all. I'm looking for any reliable store selling these for at least close to MSRP, not +$400. Does anyone know where I can find them? or am I purely SoFL?

deadmaufive

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Yeah, I know mining is booming the sales. * needs to die down, as I'd like to afford one. I thought maybe someone would be willing to not gouge the normal consumers. I should have known better, but worth asking anyway.

<Language, please. Thanks>

fredfinks

Honorable
Geez, i just checked the prices. I bought my 1080ti from newegg (an import) last year for about approx US$650 -700. Now the same card is selling for US $1249!!
Whats crazy is that they arent much more than original prices here in australia. Cheapest MSI gaming X was AU$1199 now they are $1319. (thats US $1,029.60)

You know it might be a good idea to import from australia to US. (Youve got the exhange rate going for you) its always the other way around.

fredfinks

Honorable
also RAM!! Late last year i finally got around to selling some used RAM 8gb (2x4gb 1600mhz) on ebay. It sold for $20 less than i purchased it for new back in 2010.
2010 ffs, what 7+yr old tech hardware is like that?
If you purchased something new right now and put it on ebay youd expect to lose more than $20 becuase of the used factor.

I have been recommending people buy this and that card (trying to get them not to cheap out and get a 1070 or 1080ti) without realising whats happend to GPU prices.

BAD BAD BAD time to buy a pc. oh yeah forgot that h370 boards arent out yet. So you dont want an unlocked 8 series intel CPU, you still have to pay premium on a Z chipset. mobo.
baaad

DavidVioMC

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
You will not find a place where they sell at MSRP prices. The saddest thing that I see about this is in couple of years when new cards come out, miners will start selling all the 10xx series cards and a lot of people are going to be getting screwed over since 85% of them were mined on and propably on it's last legs and could die any moment. Since there will be so many 10xx cards up for sale, they will propably be dirt cheap and propably 1/3 of the MSRP prices. This is why I'm going to get atleast 5 11xx cards as soon they launch and store 4 of them so if I ever need to build a PC or want to experimete with SLI or one of my cards simply breaks, I don't have to throw money into a black hole.

fredfinks

Honorable
even without the price hikes, its very hard to compete with a few hundred bucks for an Xbox.

Honestly, for the everyman, is the difference worth it for the outlay & stuffing around? the answer is firmly - no.
If it wasnt for my overwhelming affinity for a mouse & keyboard over a controller (& the money to buy high end gear) i wouldnt bother.

deadmaufive

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
This isn't about the everyman though. This is about getting a top end GPU. I agree, an xbox plays games for much cheaper, but you also sacrifice the mouse and keyboard, and the higher FPS, and the higher graphical settings/resolutions.