Question Is there away to load ?

naviseyer

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Is there anyway for me to load a backup of my server and see the old network settings ?

I posted about this but my small business network is very choppy .
i have VOIP phones going on and off the network , users that a losing access to drives , users being forced to abort out of quickbooks .

I am not sure if its the settings or if its something to do with a switch i just replaced...

Or if i somehow reconnected things to the switch the wrong way ,,

I have been banging my head into the wall for 3 days trying to sort this out .

Best

Navi

kanewolf

Titan
Is there anyway for me to load a backup of my server and see the old network settings ?

I posted about this but my small business network is very choppy .
i have VOIP phones going on and off the network , users that a losing access to drives , users being forced to abort out of quickbooks .

I am not sure if its the settings or if its something to do with a switch i just replaced...

Or if i somehow reconnected things to the switch the wrong way ,,

I have been banging my head into the wall for 3 days trying to sort this out .

Best

Navi
Most backup software allow you to selectively restore files and to restore to an alternate location or rename to avoid overwriting. It will depend on what you are using for backup software.

naviseyer

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Most backup software allow you to selectively restore files and to restore to an alternate location or rename to avoid overwriting. It will depend on what you are using for backup software.

I open server manager on windows server 2012 r2 . From there i go to tools and windows server backup.

I been trying to mount one of the back up Vhd but not having any luck exploring it .

Im not sure if i mucked up the network settings or i didnt get things plugged in correctly when i replaced the switch or if i just have a bad switch .

Im guessing i mucked up the settings on the NICs .