Is there goign to be a 3.6ghz Northwood?

Or will it just be Prescott from now on that get faster?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:17:13 -0700, Diskhead <disk@head.invalid>
wrote:

>Or will it just be Prescott from now on that get faster?

Current plan is only Prescott from here on out. 3.4GHz is the highest
speed grade planned for Northwood. Mind you, 3.2GHz WAS the highest
speed grade planned for Northwood, and that changed, so the
possibility for a 3.6GHz chips does still exist.

-------------
Tony Hill

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:12:44 -0400, Tony Hill
<hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Current plan is only Prescott from here on out. 3.4GHz is the highest
>speed grade planned for Northwood. Mind you, 3.2GHz WAS the highest
>speed grade planned for Northwood, and that changed, so the
>possibility for a 3.6GHz chips does still exist.

OK, thx. Maybe I'll just go for a 3.4ghz then. If I can find a local
store that even has one.

Tony Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:17:13 -0700, Diskhead <disk@head.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Or will it just be Prescott from now on that get faster?
>

> Current plan is only Prescott from here on out. 3.4GHz is the highest
> speed grade planned for Northwood. Mind you, 3.2GHz WAS the highest
> speed grade planned for Northwood, and that changed, so the
> possibility for a 3.6GHz chips does still exist.

With the final decision going to how the bins fill up (if they get
enough 3.6GHz Northwoods, they'll sell them).

RM

Diskhead <disk@head.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:12:44 -0400, Tony Hill
> <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

>> Current plan is only Prescott from here on out. 3.4GHz is the
>> highest speed grade planned for Northwood. Mind you, 3.2GHz WAS the
>> highest speed grade planned for Northwood, and that changed, so the
>> possibility for a 3.6GHz chips does still exist.
>
> OK, thx. Maybe I'll just go for a 3.4ghz then. If I can find a local
> store that even has one.

Even though these Prescotts have been announced by Intel, most of the higher
speed Prescotts are very rare to find.

Yousuf Khan

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:23 GMT, "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@ezrs.com>
wrote:

>Even though these Prescotts have been announced by Intel, most of the higher
>speed Prescotts are very rare to find.
>
> Yousuf Khan

I meant a 3.4ghz Northwood. I can't find those locally either. 3.2ghz
is easy enough to get though.