[SOLVED] is there issues in moving lenovo m92p parts to a new case?

Feb 3, 2019
I currently have a lenovo thinkcentre m92p Core i7 3770, I recently was gifted a GTX 1080 TI strix asus and a evga 650 gtq PSU. I just recently got a new case to start moving parts over to. But I realize due to the PSU and usb3.0 compatibility to the old motherboard I should just get a new motherboard instead of buying a bunch of adapters.

my question is, can I used the CPU and ram from the old computer? the CPU is as stated before core i7 3770, and the ram is i believe 4GB Module - DDR3-12800 (PC3-1600) 4 of em

will everything transfer over fine? is there a certian motherboard I need to get for this to work? the old mother board is a micro ATX does it make any difference getting a regular ATX motherboard or should i stick with another micro ATX?

Solution
If you will buy the new MB for your i7 3770, you can reuse the cpu, RAM, HDD, DVD, but keep in mind, you will need a new OS too, because the OEM OS is tied the lenovo MB, you can't reuse it anymore if you buy the retail MB.
If you will buy the new MB for your i7 3770, you can reuse the cpu, RAM, HDD, DVD, but keep in mind, you will need a new OS too, because the OEM OS is tied the lenovo MB, you can't reuse it anymore if you buy the retail MB.

Solution
Apr 27, 2019
I currently have a lenovo thinkcentre m92p Core i7 3770, I recently was gifted a GTX 1080 TI strix asus and a evga 650 gtq PSU. I just recently got a new case to start moving parts over to. But I realize due to the PSU and usb3.0 compatibility to the old motherboard I should just get a new motherboard instead of buying a bunch of adapters.

my question is, can I used the CPU and ram from the old computer? the CPU is as stated before core i7 3770, and the ram is i believe 4GB Module - DDR3-12800 (PC3-1600) 4 of em

will everything transfer over fine? is there a certian motherboard I need to get for this to work? the old mother board is a micro ATX does it make any difference getting a regular ATX motherboard or should i stick with another micro ATX?

I have recent experience moving a Lenovo M91P to a new case. What I found is that the USB3.0 have two extra ground pins at one end but the rest of the pins are wired the same as a standard USB3.0 header. It also had a temperature sensor that if you don't move across to the new case will cause the CPU cooling fan to throttle up to 100% making it very noisy. Thankfully the PSU connector on M91P was compatible with standard PSUs not like HPs that use a proprietary power connector to stop these upgrades.