Question Is there much of a difference between a modern AHVA IPS panel vs an IPS panel?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just a different form of IPS from my understanding. These were your early high refresh IPS displays. Not really sure how LG, etc, all came to the same results later on. All comes down to patents really.

I recommend looking at the reviews for the monitors you are looking at, judge them by what they can do rather than how they were made.

Still more or less pleased with my PG279Q, little bleeding, but not noticeable once gameplay is happening.

Just a different form of IPS from my understanding. These were your early high refresh IPS displays. Not really sure how LG, etc, all came to the same results later on. All comes down to patents really.

I recommend looking at the reviews for the monitors you are looking at, judge them by what they can do rather than how they were made.

Still more or less pleased with my PG279Q, little bleeding, but not noticeable once gameplay is happening.

Same with me on the Asus PG279Q. Beautiful colors but does have a bit of glow but only seen on a totally black screen.