Question Is there something wrong with my GPU??? URGENT!!

Aug 23, 2019
This PC has just been built. I plugged my HDMI cable into the GPU for the first time, and the speaker beeped once and the monitor started flashing green pulses. This stopped when I put in a flashdrive containing my graphics card driver, BIOS, and utility (as well as my mobo BIOS and drivers). I was able to start installing Windows 10, but it crashed halfway through installation and started flashing green again. Furthermore, the power button on my chassis turns my PC on, but can't turn it off. I've been having to flip the switch on my power supply to turn off the system. I'm using a GEFORCE RTX 2060 and a Polaroid 22" TV. I'm connecting the two via HDMI cable. I need HELP.

Aug 23, 2019
Start with full specs of the system.

If your system has integrated gpu, try removing gtx 2060 and using iGPU instead.
Try with a different video cable.
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 UD
RAM: GEiL EVO POTENZA ddr4 dual channel
PSU: Seasonic 650 Gold
CPU: Intel i5 9400f
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster hyper 212
GPU: Gigabyte GEFORCE RTX 2060
Storage: TCSunbow X3 1T SSD
Case: DIYPC S2-W-RGB

My cpu doesn't have integrated graphics, and the hdmi cord worked fine when i tested it with my xbox.

RLarcosPES2

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
If you only hear a single short beep at startup the system is fine. Check the connections to the GPU. Have you connected the PSU PCI-E conncectors properly? Is the card seated on the PCI-E slot properly? If the answer is yes go get a cheapo gt 710 GPU to test if you will have issues with this.

Aug 23, 2019
If you only hear a single short beep at startup the system is fine. Check the connections to the GPU. Have you connected the PSU PCI-E conncectors properly? Is the card seated on the PCI-E slot properly? If the answer is yes go get a cheapo gt 710 GPU to test if you will have issues with this.
I'm just confused because if it wasn't properly seated or connected with the PSU, why does it work perfectly some of the time? This morning (after I first wrote this post) I booted up the PC and everything worked fine. I was able to resume installation of Windows (it picked me up where I left off, is that a good sign?) and everything was eorking great. I turned it off and left for the day, only to try and turn it on tonight and get a black monitor flashing green at me again. I didn't touch the PC at all between this morning and tonight, so what could have possibly changed that caused this reaction all of a sudden?

RLarcosPES2

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Is the monitor alright? And BTW these are signs of a failing card. I had exactly a flashing green screen and the GPU completely died a few days later. But I still believe you should check the power delivery on the GPU. Because sometimes the motherboard won't tell you if your GPU gets enough power or not(Mine does but I've seen others that don't). Also if everything is mounted properly you should check the PSU with a polymeter. You also need to check your GPU at another PC and get a secondary GPU from somewhere(if it is power hungry even better, to check if the PSU is the culprit) and test it on your PC. Go borrow some hardware and test them out. It probably is a defective GPU unit, but you need to be sure first before you replace it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY